Monday, September 12, 2011

11pm

It's around eleven o clock as I'm trying to compute 
A reasonable topic for my mind to dispute
It's hard at times preparing your train of thought for the commute
Into true literature where every word stands firm and resolute
Anything that I envision 
Can then with one decision
Become the railway for a document or petition 
To ratify resolve tension
Or to present or provoke a new dimension
New rendition
New key to place in the ignition
Of the minds of many
Not presenting them with a penny for their thoughts
But the idea that their ethics and style can not be bought so easily

Free to bring new definition 
Dictate fact or superstition 
Cause a crowd to listen
Promote or denote religion
Display political views
Sway or just confuse
Words are powerful tools
That should not be abused

It seem like I started writing this without a purpose
But honestly without that, this piece of writing is just worthless 
I write so those who read are forced to dig deep and not just straddle the surface
Find the buried treasure in my work like an archeaologist

Well with that i'd like to bid the world goodnight.
I hope I served as a switch that turned on your light.


-ANON

1 comment:

  1. I don't think writing ever is just... nothing. I believe it always has a purpose even if you don't feel it. I felt it. Your writing, or rhyming if you will, told me what writing is all about. The fundamental reasons to speak out and what they can do. Preach on brotha!

    ReplyDelete